The Weld Community Foundation is looking for a new Program Officer. Below are details about the Foundation, the position, and a way to apply:
The Weld Community Foundation (WCF) is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization created in 1997 when two area foundations merged. Its mission is to strengthen the bonds that make our communities thrive through engaged philanthropy. WCF’s values are grounded in being transparent, being professional, and being for everyone.
WCF acts as a steward for local individuals and organizations who entrust their gifts to its care to build a permanent endowment for our community. The Foundation currently has assets of approximately $54 million with an annual administrative budget of $680,000. In 2022, WCF awarded $2.9 million in scholarship, grant, and program support.
Reporting to the President/CEO, the Program Officer is responsible for administering all grants and the scholarship program. This position manages the grant guidelines and scholarship criteria. In addition, the Program Officer works with the grant and scholarship committees.
The ideal candidate must have a passion for what engaged philanthropy can do for a community and must be highly organized and attentive to detail. The Program Officer will demonstrate:
- Dedication to quality and accuracy
- A strong work ethic
- Good oral and written communication skills particularly related to financial information and concepts
- High energy and a positive attitude
- The ability to be a self-starter who fulfills job requirements with minimal supervision
- Sensitivity to donor needs and wishes at all times
- Confidentiality and donor privacy
- Active participation in a team spirit working environment.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing or related field.
- Experience with donor information management software, report writers and databases preferred.
- Experience in working with nonprofit organizations and fundraising/development campaigns helpful.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, publishing programs and Adobe Acrobat.
Salary range based on experience: $50,000 – $60,000/year. Benefits include paid time off, 403b retirement benefits, a health insurance stipend and dental, vision, and disability insurance.
Our goal is for the successful candidate to be able to start work January 2, 2024.
For consideration, please send a cover letter and resumé, to:
Weld Community Foundation
2425 35th Ave., Suite 201
Greeley, Colorado 80634
Emailed submissions are encouraged.
The search will remain open until a suitable candidate is identified; however, review of credentials will begin on November 1, 2023.
Weld Community Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Service Provider. WCF respects, celebrates, and encourages all forms of diversity, equity of opportunity, and inclusive participation.
For more information on the Weld Community Foundation, please visit www.weldcommunityfoundation.org